eNVy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
eNVy Forums

welcome to the eNVy forum!!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  envy.usa.gs  

zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zebobbybird
The Boss
The Boss
Zebobbybird

Male
Number of posts : 25
PWNpoints! : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-14

zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS Empty
PostSubject: zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS   zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS Icon_minitime131/5/2008, 2:10 am

:[tux]:Zebobbybird'$: alternative to windows vista!
i currently have this working like a charm on my laptop, i also installed it on my desktop, but i am going to switch the version on my desktop out, cuz, its kind of an older version!
i know a few people out there will get the joke, the title of this post.
Back to top Go down
http://envy.usa.gs
joemammy47
Bebay
Bebay
joemammy47

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS   zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS Icon_minitime16/9/2008, 12:36 am

Ubuntu with the effects of beryl/comipz (no compiz fusion) is just fucking amazing. The only thing I wish is that it wasn't so difficult to get windows programs running, without Wine. Even with Wine its kind of ridiculous. but as far as gui and stability, linux pwns all, hands down. Fuck Mac, and well, frankly, microsoft fucked up big time with winblows vista, and they're only making it worse by not supporting xp and making hardware that ONLY supports vista. I personally dual boot ubuntu 64bit and vista 64bit now though bounce
Back to top Go down
Zebobbybird
The Boss
The Boss
Zebobbybird

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS   zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS Icon_minitime17/9/2008, 2:40 am

I dual boot, but i have been dual booting less and less and pretty much have become ubuntu exclusive. for my laptop, i have no choice but run vista, because all non-GNOME distros of linux are rejected, and even then, wireless capabillities are severely crippled, so is sound. i had no choice.
but i pretty much use my desktop as a linux exclusive now, even though i can still dualboot. and i have plans for adding me a server, which will also be linux only
Back to top Go down
http://envy.usa.gs
joemammy47
Bebay
Bebay
joemammy47

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS   zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS Icon_minitime17/9/2008, 3:12 am

yeah, I want to make the switch to linux like, completely, but as we were talking about, I've got some problems with that right now, which you might be able to help me with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS   zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

zebobbybird@envy$: has found a better OS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
eNVy Forums :: 'Puters :: Battle of the OS-
Jump to: